I am excited to let you know that Pyramid Healthcare has expanded its continuum of care for young adult men through its recent acquisition of Real Recovery, a structured, adventure-based Sober Living and Extended Care program in Asheville, NC. I recently spent time on the Real Recovery campus and with its staff. I encourage you to add this unique program to your visit list next time you are in Asheville.
As we continue to work through the slow-moving process of licensing for Waypointe and eagerly await its opening, the addition of Real Recovery to our network provides a unique continuum of care for young adult men, not only adding a dynamic Sober Living/Extended Care program, but also a planned specialized, dual-diagnosis program on Real Recovery’s campus that will serve young men with primary substance and co-occurring mental health challenges.
Below is a brief overview of Real Recovery
- Adventure/experiential-based Sober Living and Extended Care for 18-28 year old men
- 3 homes (River House, Dream House,& Pinnacle House) on beautiful 7 acres overlooking the French Broad River in Asheville, NC
- Asheville is 2 hours southeast of Knoxville, TN, two hours northwest of Charlotte, NC, and 1.5 hours north of Greenville, SC.
- Real Recovery is a brotherhood of young men, with a focus on developing meaningful relationships, having fun and showing them a life worth living sober.
- Average length of stay for Sober Living is 6-9 months
- River House and Dream House serves young men with primary substance use struggles
- Pinnacle House serves young men with primary substance use struggles and co-occurring mental health struggles (still being developed)
Kevin Short, Executive Director, 828-423-3544
Travis Herman, Pyramid National Marketer based in Asheville, 828-702-6725
Jeff Brain, MA, CTS, CEP
143 Readington Rd.
Whitehouse Station, NJ 08889
Waypointe LinkedIn Page