Siler CIty, North Carolina
Director of Student Life
Auldern Academy is a college preparatory, therapeutic boarding school for girls grades 9 – 12. We provide a traditional academic environment along with group, individual, and family counseling services. We utilize the Positive Peer Culture model at our school and provide students with a structured daily environment that includes chores, therapy sessions, recreational activities and life skills.
The Director of Student Life directly supervises all Student Life Counselors, Supervisors or Coordinators who provide supervision, recreation, community service opportunities, peer-relations coaching, and life-skills education for our students. The student life program provides for student safety, medical care, transportation, teaches housekeeping and organizational skill as well as implementing the disciplinary intervention twenty-four hours a day. The Director of Student Life is the key designer, manager, and leader of this key department. They are responsible for designing and managing a high-quality student life program that supports the school’s stated purpose, mission, and philosophy, and that supports the efforts of all school departments. The Director of Student Life is responsible for the development, leadership, management and delivery of all Student Life programming including but not limited to: Life Skills, Health & Fitness Curriculum and Instruction of Healthy Dorm Life.
- Assign work schedules, following work requirements, to ensure quality and safety for delivery of services to students.
- Train counselors in proper operational, disciplinary procedures and functions, explaining and enforcing company policies.
- Resolve complaints or grievances regarding counselor performance or services.
- Work with supervisors to order and obtain the necessary supplies, equipment, activities and services.
- Conduct periodic reviews of personnel along with training, coaching and disciplinary actions, keeping supervisor informed.
- Furnish parents, students and co-workers with information on upcoming events or activities.
- Collaborate with staff members to plan or develop special programs or events, schedules of activities, to include the logistical planning of these events.
- Recruit and hire staff members.
- Design and implement the Student Disciplinary System and train staff on the handling of these situations.
- Coordinate the delivery of all Student Life services, assigning specific duties to counselors and supervisors.
- Work with other departments to assure in the safety of equipment, facility, menus, distribution of medications, supervising of Study Hall, and other services as needed.
- Train staff in SAMA techniques.
- Oversee departmental budget assuring proper usage.
- Oversee student store, implementing accountability for money earned and spent.
- Oversee the student bank in coordination with the Director of Support Services.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Behavioral Science or a closely related field from an accredited college or university.
- Three years of experience working with youth and a minimum of 2 years supervisory experience.
- Basic computer skills including Windows, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Willingness to become a SAMA Instructor.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance after sixty days
- Company provided Short Term and Long Term Disability
- Company provided AD&D insurance
- 401K after sixty days
- Paid Time Off
For immediate consideration, please email your resume to email@example.com.